Step 7 Organization Blocks

userxyz

Little question,

I didn't try what I will ask here, just wondered if it would work:
:(
There are Error and Fault OB's In S7, they are called in the program when a fault or Error occur.
:)
Example: If the CPU detects a read error when accessing data on an I/O module, the operating system calls OB122.
:rolleyes:
1. I want to visualize this on a TD17.
:cool:
2. The CPU must stay in Run modus.
:eek:

For the TD17 I've programmed event messages with tags, the bits are red from DB10 for example.
:D
In the OB122 I would place a network to set a bit, bit DB10.DBX0.0
To reset this, I would use the Key interface of the TD17 (protool), so with the escape-key of the TD17 I want to reset DB10.DBX0.0
This will be possible when the OB isn't called anymore at that moment.
This for all the OB's.
:cool:
Should this work ?
:rolleyes:
If so, I'm gonna integrate it in my project, whenever something occurs, the electriciens can see what it is. Or are there better solutions, let me know...
:D

Thanks ;)

Using OBs

What you described will work.

The OB will continually set the flag until you clear the access error (OB122)
Then you can reset the alarm flag with the HMI key.

You can also use the local declared variables to provide more information for the error message or to set different flags.

The problem is... OB122 is called for most everything. If you look at OB80...89 you can get a defined idea of what hardware has given you the fault. If you look in the declaration at the top, you will see it. The best thing to do is to move the entire Local Variable data area to a DB to be analyzed. Used SFC20 to move the area variables to the DB. Look at the attached file. Dianostic.zip