Quantum - Modbus plus pinouts

Marcell

Some idiot cut the connector off my modbus + drop cable.....the end that goes onto the CPU (140-11302). Now I'm sitting with a 4 wires, Blue/White and Orange/White pairs. What is the pinouts on the 9 pin D-type and should there be a terminating resistor and if so, what Ohms.

From your cable description, I'll assume it's a 990NAD211xx drop cable from a MB+ tap in which case the connection will be:

Connector '1' = Pin 2 = Blue & orange cores
Connector '2' = Pin 1 = Screen
Connector '3' = Pin 3 = White cores

The terminating resistors are connected via jumpers in the MB+ tap

If this isn't the drop cable from a tap, post some more details on the network architecture.....

Last edited:
Now it is more confusing

:confused:

Thank you krk. I received a fax from Schneider SA a couple minutes ago. They have it as:

Last edited:
I apologise for the confusion Marcell, I mixed up the standard MB+ IDC connector terminal numbers with the pin numbers....

I have corrected it now....as you can see Schneider are correct (of course)