Issues connecting to SE Modicon Quantum with Modbus

Dryhops

I'm trying to resurrect an older machine from around 2005 that uses a 140CPU43412A. The goal is to retrieve the existing program so that it can be used for reference in developing a replacement. Original manufacturer can't find a copy unfortunately.

I've been trying to connect all afternoon without much progress. Using a windows 7 laptop, I was able to install both unity pro v13 and proworx 32 v2.1, both seemed to activate and open without error. I booted up just the CPU with a patch cord and it's status lights show Ready/Run, and a Modbus+ LED is blinking three times consecutively (manual says this means 'the node does not detect any token passing on the network.') . No low battery error, so I'm hopeful I can recover a program. No faults or red light are visible. The keyswitch is in run, and the communication selector switch is set to RTU.

I'm trying to use a USB to serial 9 pin cable. From the device manager, I set this as COM2 and made sure to adjust the baud/even parity/stop bits to match the documentation ( https://download.schneider-electric...13379_K01_000_05.pdf&p_Doc_Ref=35013379K01000 ). I then opened proworx, created a new project, and tried to connect to the controller. First I assumed (perhaps erroneously) the modbus plus port was used for a nearby disconnected HMI, so I tried plugging in my cable to the modbus 1 port and connecting with modbus. Making the sure serial settings matched on the windows device manager and proworx, I tried to connect to addresses 1-257 without success. I also tried changing the selector switch to ASCII while adjusting the baud etc. per the documentation. The error each time was 'no valid response'. I finally figured it might be configured as Modbus Plus, and moved my cable to that port. However, I get an error that "Cannot find MB+ hardware or driver". I see there are modbus plus adapters that I can buy (for a lot) - is it impossible to connect over the modbus port if the modbus plus is in use?

My plan for tomorrow is to try to source a windows XP laptop with a true serial port to try to rule out those things as issues. I'll also try unity, but I think this predates it. Is there anything I am missing, or is there a way to get more information about how this processor is actually configured?

Thanks for your time.

That processor is not compatible with Unity but it could be used by either Proworx, Concept or Modsoft.

Does the manufacturer at least know which software they used? 2005 is not *that* long ago in machinery land

That processor is not compatible with Unity but it could be used by either Proworx, Concept or Modsoft.

Does the manufacturer at least know which software they used? 2005 is not *that* long ago in machinery land

I'm betting its Concept, however I don't think the programming interface is Modbus.

I'm trying to resurrect an older machine from around 2005 that uses a 140CPU43412A. The goal is to retrieve the existing program so that it can be used for reference in developing a replacement. Original manufacturer can't find a copy unfortunately.

I've been trying to connect all afternoon without much progress. Using a windows 7 laptop, I was able to install both unity pro v13 and proworx 32 v2.1, both seemed to activate and open without error. I booted up just the CPU with a patch cord and it's status lights show Ready/Run, and a Modbus+ LED is blinking three times consecutively (manual says this means 'the node does not detect any token passing on the network.') . No low battery error, so I'm hopeful I can recover a program. No faults or red light are visible. The keyswitch is in run, and the communication selector switch is set to RTU.

I'm trying to use a USB to serial 9 pin cable. From the device manager, I set this as COM2 and made sure to adjust the baud/even parity/stop bits to match the documentation ( https://download.schneider-electric...13379_K01_000_05.pdf&p_Doc_Ref=35013379K01000 ). I then opened proworx, created a new project, and tried to connect to the controller. First I assumed (perhaps erroneously) the modbus plus port was used for a nearby disconnected HMI, so I tried plugging in my cable to the modbus 1 port and connecting with modbus. Making the sure serial settings matched on the windows device manager and proworx, I tried to connect to addresses 1-257 without success. I also tried changing the selector switch to ASCII while adjusting the baud etc. per the documentation. The error each time was 'no valid response'. I finally figured it might be configured as Modbus Plus, and moved my cable to that port. However, I get an error that "Cannot find MB+ hardware or driver". I see there are modbus plus adapters that I can buy (for a lot) - is it impossible to connect over the modbus port if the modbus plus is in use?

My plan for tomorrow is to try to source a windows XP laptop with a true serial port to try to rule out those things as issues. I'll also try unity, but I think this predates it. Is there anything I am missing, or is there a way to get more information about how this processor is actually configured?

Thanks for your time.

Hi Dryhops. Having the same issue as you. Did you manage to get a solution?
Thank you