SLC505 to Micrologix via Modems

ieseng

I am just finishing commissioning a water treatment plant with an SLC505 but now my client has added a reservoir station that is about 10km away. We just ran a radio survey and it has no signal at all. Seems to be very hilly here too. They also have no land in between so we can't install any relay stations.

I also have some GSM loggers but these are all flow meter based. The Reservoir is level. Not sure if they will do the same thing, will check out with the manufactures. Might need differenc configuration as pumps will repuire control based on level.

So I am thinking of setting the SLC505 to talk to the Micrologix over Westermo modems? Can this be configured to dial up a few times each day as we don't have a dedicated line here either. Which one would control (obviously the master SLC)?

The only connection I have out of this is a PSTN line. I have heard of PLC to PLC comms via modems but I though these required leased lines (permanent lines) - or maybe I'm barking.

Any ideas?