S7 - FM352-5 - This one's probably aimed at JRW!

RMA

Having had to add an Edge detection to my program, I pushed my cell count to 1202 (out of a possible 1200) and as a result got an error on compilation. Looking at the Xilinx Mapping Report file which was generated, I see there's a whole lot of potentially useful information there.

I visited the Xilinx support site and downloaded all the relevant manuals, but I think there's probably enough there to keep me reading for a couple of months never mind a couple of weeks.

Has anybody ever used these Xilinx tools and could point me in the direction to get started a little more quickly. For that matter, does anybody know if the various tools are actually included with the FM352-5 package. I've found what appears to be a bunch of DOS Window programs in the Xilinx sub-directors of S7BIN, but the windows just flash open and then close down immediately, presumably because I'm not supplying the necessary parameters. If somebody can shorten my search for these, I'd be eternally grateful!