micro view 300 question!

darrentpi

Hi, I have never worked with AB panel veiws, but I am now faced with the challenge. I have panel builder, but never really worked with the program.
I have a panel view, on a mixer, and I want to display a count from a photo eye, that counts bread, and displays it on the panel view, with a reset on the veiw after so many counts, or when there shift is over the can reset.
Sounds simple, but I don't under stand how this is programmed through the plc.
Darren

May be this will help..

This has not been test. Just something I did real quick that might help.

Bob O.

Edit..I didn't put Node name or tag address for numerical display.
Node would be Micro
Tag would be C5:0.ACC

Last edited:
Couple of questions:

1. Does the bread counting PE already exist, and you are simply trying to view and reset the existing counter?

2. Is the PE an addition to an existing system? If so, how fast is the bread moving? 10 per/min,10 per/sec, etc....How many units per a typical shift?

If this is a new installation, the bread may be moving to fast for a "normal" PLC scan and update. If you have more than 32767 units per shift, you will run into problems, since a standard AB counter has 32757 as an upper limit.

What you want, can be done, it's all in the details.

Ken

Hi thanks for the reply,
The bread moves at normal speed down a conveyor, and enters a proofer, I just want to count the doe balls bfore they enter the proofer.
I will be adding a eye, and I will have to look for any available inputs on the plc, as well. Simple installation. I would imagine around 3000 doe ball may pass through this eye in a given 12 hour shift. I am just not familiar with setting up panel builder, and adding a read out numeral, and reset to the micro view.
Thanks, Darren

When you open Panelbuilder you choose the model of PV you are using, in this case choose PV 300 Micro, give the application a name (like bread_count) then click OK. You also have to select the comm protocol and type...keypad etc, the model number should display when properly configured.

You should have a Application menu on left with something like 1 - Screen 1 under Screens folder. On the right will be a view of the PV screen. Goto Screen 1 and double click on it, the menu above will change. In menu above you should now have OBJECTS, click that then select Numeric Data Display. Now go to the PV screen and select a point then left click on it, the display should be entered. You can right click on the numeric display then goto Object Properties to set the field width (amout of numbers used) and edit/create the tag.

Click on Edit Tag and give it a name like bread_cnt, set it for unsigned integer. I think by default node name will be M300 (with a Micrologix) and use the address where the count will be...ie (maybe) C5:0.

To have a reset just configure F1-F4 to trigger a B3 bit to MOV 0 (zero) into C5:0/ACC or use a reset with the same address.

Last edited:
would you expect it any other way in most cases ? would you try to run an application designed for XP on 3.11 ?
There isn't that much out there that is Forwardly Compatible , you can get away with a bit on S7 , but not so much else.