micrologix 1500

mnnyamu2

Hi
I am trying to connect to a AB micrologix 1500 controller but have failed. The communication settings I have tried are as follows:device: SLC-CHO/MICRO/PANELVIEW, BAUDRATE: 19200,PARITY:NONE, STOP BITS:1,STATION NUMBER:00,ERROR CHECK :CRC, PROTOCOL:FULL DUPLEX, DEVICE NAME :AB_DF1-1
I have tried the switch settings on run, rem,prog and still fail.I need to connect and alter the conveyor prog. I have worked on the micrologix 1200 before but didnt have problems.
What am I doing wrong?

Mat.

Is there anything else connected to the Channel? If yes then check the communications setup this device uses.

If there is not then look at the Channel LED in order to determine the correct communication protocol.

If it is OFF then it is likely to be set to DF1 protocol. When connected to another DF1 device the LED will flicker rapidly with channel data.

If it is pulsing slowly green then it is set to DH485 protocol. The slow pulse is the port looking for another node to connect to. When it finds one it will go solid green.

Once we know what comms you are using we can progress to the correct settings, or troubleshooting the serial port on you PC.

A Proface HMI is connected on the 9-pin D connection and comm1 is flicking fast.There is an 8-pin connection which I am trying to use , where I am plugging the 1762-cbl-pmo2 c series cable.

There is a "COMMS" button behind the big plastic cover on the front of the Micro 1500 that is right in the center towards the top of the unit. I would push that button until the DCOMM LED turns on and then let RS Linx autoconfigure it's setting to the PLC.

You can then go online with the PLC and verify the actual port settings.