IDEC MicroSmart Problem

chema16

Hello:

Usually wa are using PLC brand IDEC model “MicroSmart”, and this model of PLC has the capability to be protect again read and write with a password.

This information only was under the responsibility of two technical of our comapny. These two people were fire out of our company because their have other “pirate” company here in Colombia.
We don’t have the password of the different PLC and is not possible to see and change the programming software of PLC. Neither is possible to erase the program in the PLC because is protect again read and write. Actually we are trying to make a new program for PLC but we require to change all PC (more than 600) for new PLC.

We know that is possible to demand to these people, but the justice is this country is very slow and during this time we will lost the mayor maintenance contracts.
We talked with IDEC in EEUU and they told us that is not possible to find or look up the passwords, and the only possibility to erase the memory is sending all PLC to them office in EEUU and come back again to Colombia.

Our first option is to change 600 PLC but is very expensive and first we need to have all PLC programs tried. Our second option is to send 600 PLC to EEUU, by packets, and is expensive and required a lot of time.

1.- Our first question is, Do you thing that is impossible to ascertain the password is these kind of PLC?

2.- Do you know some software or tool with the capability to erase the memory of PLC?

We are waiting your goods news as soon as possible,

Regards,

You're not going to be able to discover the password. I agree that your only option is to reset the PLC. Idec should be able to provide you with a procedure to clear (erase) the PLC memory. I've had to do this with a different model of Idec's but the MicroSmart isn't set up the same way.

You shouldn't need special software or tools.

What you will need is a new program to download once the memory has been cleared.

Again, with 600 installations, your Idec representative should be able to help get the information for clearing the PLC memory.

... rab

You could rent a "password extractor" for a few hours. The function of a "password extractor" is to extract the passwords not from the PLC, but from the orig. programmer. "Password extractors" come in many shapes and sizes, but the bigger & ugler, the better the results.

there are abattery in PLC microsmart i think the program and password will be erased if u remove it
i face same problem and idec answer me same answer
and i n't trying to romove battery as i need program but i may do this at final
by the way there are a program for s7 Siemens to clear password are this valid for microsmart?