Siemens PPI Cable

It looks like an old part number for a 485 to 232 interface cable. The second generation part number is 6ES7 901-3BF20 0XA0. The second gen part number came from a S7 200 series catlog.

Yep, sounds like a really early S7200 comms cable - mines the same ID Code as KBrodin, Used i think when the Microwin software was MicroDos.

Possibly you could still use it to connect to the newer S7200 CPU's.

Hope this helps

Steve

I'm on holiday now, so I couldn't check at first, but from the post by stevo I've got the confirmation I needed. I have the same PPI cables back from the MicroDOS time and yes, you can use them for all S7-200 CPUs, including the newer ones (S7-22X). One drawback: these cables are limited to 19200 baud or 38400 baud (I'm not sure here which limit it is) and the new CPUs can be used up to 187500 baud, which is only possible with a newer converter. Positive is that the new CPUs are also factory set for 9600 baud, so you wont have any problems with a fresh CPU and an old cable. Just remember to let these settings untouched if you have to work with older interfaces.

Kind regards,