Accusort Barcode Scanner and AB PLC

KCDave

Anyone integrated these before? I'm looking to connect to the serial port of either a SLC 500 or control logix serial port. I just need to read in the barcode and it appears I just need an ARL instruction to read the port data coming in. Would I need to create any ascii messages for this? I also looked at connecting the Accusort Axiom with Ethernet IP. This looks a lot easier to configure and faster?

I have used the accusort adaptascan with the slc 500 on a basic module and devicenet. I can post the basic program if needed and/or let you know how I set up the devicenet. I currently have 35 of these running in various configurations. I probably won't be checking back until Monday, I had enough working on weekends for a while. Let me know if I can help (if no one else here gets you what you need first - which I'm sure will happen).

Barcode to AB

******* manufactures the DeviceMaster UP (Universal Protocol) product, which is available with 1 or 4 serial ports, and communicates via Ethernet/IP to AB PLC's - INCLUDING PLC5, SLC, and ControlLogix.

Happy to answer any questions if you have them, or send you an eval unit if you're interested.

See details at www.*******.com

Or call me directly at 763-494-4144

Jason Reiling

Bruce, I might hit you up for that code. From what I understand I can plug the scanner right into the serial port on the SLC. We are only using one scanner and only reading in the bar code.

The code I have is for a basic module in the slc chasis, not for using the serial port on the processor. I've never connected to the serial port, but I don't see why that won't work. What model of the Accusort are you looking at?