PLC 5 Problem....need help or guidance

Dexstar

I have a process that counts parts that come off of a welder. Right now, we have a SQ.D limit that signals when a part passes the limit wire. My problem is, when the limit bounces, it counts that as a part. What are some avenues I can take while still using the limit. I know I can go with a sensor, but I have "some" programming experience. My thought is a OSR instruction, but I've simmed it out and it doesn't seem to be working. Any tips?
BJ

Dexstar said:
I have a process that counts parts that come off of a welder. Right now, we have a SQ.D limit that signals when a part passes the limit wire. My problem is, when the limit bounces, it counts that as a part. What are some avenues I can take while still using the limit. I know I can go with a sensor, but I have "some" programming experience. My thought is a OSR instruction, but I've simmed it out and it doesn't seem to be working. Any tips?
BJ

You could program some sort of debounce. Either use your limit switch to start a short timer and use that timer's done bit. Or use a timer that starts when the limit switch turns off and have a debounce that says the switch must be off for xx amount of time before counting the signal again. hope that made sense, if not let me know

Sample...

Try this...
Debounce.GIF

Daniel, your example will upcount on the first scan.

I recommed this approach.

debounce.JPG

Its simpler and it functions with the on transition, as opposed the off transition, of the switch.

Regards. 🍻

What input module do you have. Some have build-in filtering to handle this effect.( Debounce filter)

Alaric,

Do you this your logic will work with delay time? Can u please tell me how it counts after a delay?

regards

I know the question was to try to solve the problem with programming, but it really seems to me that any switch that goes made and rattles into an on state after the part passes either is worn out, or needs tension adjusted, etc. I've seen millions of limit switches, as most of you have, and I wouldn't consider using a single one that when the actuator is releases, bounces around enough to change states. I suggest you look at the switch, I would think it's either worn out, or needs adjustment.

Russ