315 2dp

Unregistered

U
Hi ,
Anyone know off the top of their head what the maximum local data area size is for 315 2dp ? I've left site , and forgotten to save the error log , and I was hoping to butcher down some of the local stuff this pm to get it to run tomorrow - Many thanks

sorry , should have been clearer , locally assigned temp variables - I have 18 pid loops in one FC , and these are encapsulated to make them easier to use , i also have some scales , and some temporary dints and reals assigned , the processor is groaning that this local data ( and I assume they mean all of the nested local data as well ) is too big - as I said , I didn't paste the error before coming back this pm , if I recall though the 315 2 dp supports 2048 bytes (?) of local data and if I count the nested blocks , then I am up there ( this fb was directly copied from a 416 where space wasn't too much of an issue) - it is not too much of a job to cut the call pids block in half as each pid has its own db rather that a common instance db .
Thanks

ps , siemens refer to it as local data , and if you go to part 2 of object properties , you can see the local data usage

Just checked on the Siemens Support pages, (I'm not at work now, so don't have the catalogue handy).

Local data per priority class: May 1024 Bytes per run level, 510 Bytes per Block.

Hope that covers you.

Depends

Hi,

You should first check if your 315-2DP is the old one or the new one (with a memory card with a size similar to a Secure Digital flash memory).

If you have copied the block from the S7-400 one the problem migth be on the size of the block (S7-400 has a maximun block size of 64kB).

I hope this helps

thank you all , I did try the support pages , but can't get them to open from my location.

Thanks !!
Job done and dusted - 63 motors , 18 PID loops , and all in a poor little 315.
100 ms cycle , but there we go!