Siemens Step 7 and Function Call know how protection problem

e_unit79

I have recently encountered a problem with a Function Call being know how protected. I cannot not open the Function Call to edit the ladder logic for a client. The Function Call is not a Siemens proprietary Function Call. The function call was written and protected by a Controls Engineer in the past for job security reasons. If anyone can give me advice or where I can find solution would be wonderful.

Last edited:
sanjay_snj said:
use "DBFViewer"
open "\ombstx\offline\0000000?\SUBBLK.DBF"
change field "PASSWORD" 3 to 0

sanjay

Just to clarify sanjays answer.. the folder path and SUBBLK.DBF file will be in the relevant project folder which will normally be in the S7proj folder in your siemens directory....

JT

Dito on can opener. I strongly recomend you don't mess with the insides of that FC or FB. The guy protected it for a reason. Try to use it from outside but LEAVE IT ALONE. You can write your own stuff and use the function as reference.

I would like to thank all of you for your advice and help especially since I am a recent college grad and started a new career in Controls.