VersaMax NO contact using RS232, RS485, URGENT!!!

pavel47

Dear all

I have a problem trying to download my small example to VersaMax.

I tried both ports - Port1 (RS232) and Port2 (RS485).
Last one - with RS232-RS485 converter.

The software I use - Cimplicity Machine Edition v.4.0.
When I run download, it opens box "Connecting...", wait 2-3 min
and then gives the error of timeout.

I will be gratefull for any help.

Thanks in advance.

Pavel

I am assuming you have the same baud rate etc. and protocol set for the software and the PLC.

When I have encountered this in the past it was due to another program not releasing the comm port. In my case it was RSLinx. I had to shut it down, disable it from running automatically, and re-boot my laptop. Then I could connect no problem.

Check your PC's control panel and look at the status of the comm ports.

Thank you Tom

The problem is resolved.
I changed PLC and it works.
Former PLC was new (in sense it was never used).
Strange...

Former PLC showed faults at Port1 and Port2 LEDs.

I am using Cimplicity 7.5 with GE versamax PLC.There is RS 232 to RS 485 converter between PLC & scada.yesterday everything is running condition.when we restart the PC the communication is not done.on hmi the old values are showing & but in alarm bar the currently alarms are indicated.when I stop the scada & run again the following services are failed.
1)DA_RP_Failed
2)DA_RC_Failed
3)PRT_DC_Failed
4)PRT_DS_Failed
5)TRK_RP_Failed
6)PRT_CNT_Failed

can you help me please i am in big trouble on site now?

You should start a new thread, this does not relate to the OP from 2003.
I am using Cimplicity 7.5 with GE versamax PLC.There is RS 232 to RS 485 converter between PLC & scada.yesterday everything is running condition.when we restart the PC the communication is not done.on hmi the old values are showing & but in alarm bar the currently alarms are indicated.when I stop the scada & run again the following services are failed.
1)DA_RP_Failed
2)DA_RC_Failed
3)PRT_DC_Failed
4)PRT_DS_Failed
5)TRK_RP_Failed
6)PRT_CNT_Failed

can you help me please i am in big trouble on site now?
See my response in your other post of the same information.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=537224&postcount=9

Last edited: