SIMATIC S5 MEM 375, EPROM, 8 kB - [6ES5375-1LA15]

JesusB

I need information on Simatic S5 EPROM Memory submodule 8kx8bit 6ES5 375-1LA15.
It is thanked for to him by its collaboration

questions

Hi, I have several questions about this memory EPROM
1. Can be read or be written the EPROM with superior versions of program STEP5 V.3.0?
2. Can be read or only be written the EPROM in PLC S5-95U? or in anyone?
3. In which programmers "PG" this EPROM can be read or be written?
4. It is truth that memory EPROM is damaged if it is to read with a false reference?
Its collaboration is thanked for and I wait for quick answer to him... thanks

Jesus,

you can program and read out this EPROM with ALL versions of S7. You do need the proper hardware to program/read it. All PG's I have used except the handheld ones have a programming port for this module: PG695, PG710, PG730, PG720 and PG740. If you're using a PC you can connect a dedicated programmer to the parallel port.

An EPROM can never be written in a S5-95U PLC nor in any other S5 PLC. The only module you can program in the S5 PLC is an EEPROM module and that action is limited to copying the entire program in RAM to the EEPROM.

If the RAM memory of the PLC is empty and you place an EPROM or EEPROM module before powering up the PLC, the program will automatically be copied from the module to the internal RAM memory at power up.

I have never experienced damage to an EPROM because of using wrong settings, but I think it could happen in certain cases.

Kind regards,

more questions

thanks, gave a very important information me about the EPROM.
but, I have other question.

The EPROM was programmed with version 3.0 of STEP5 6 years ago, and I have not been able to read it in a superior version (step5 7.2v). there is mechanism different from the programmer (or PGs) to know if the EPROM has damages?.

If you're not able to read the EPROM, it means it's damaged. The version of the software is not at all important, only the setting of all parameters is.

Kind regards,

The circuit of cartridge EPROM does not demonstrate to damages but you have right. anyway thanks for your patience to respond my questions.

Simatic S5 PLC

Hi,
I am srikrish, please let me know how to check the Program availablity in simatic S5 PLC memory submodule EPROM , Please send me the above details immediately