Help on AB 1746-HSCE module.

Hi Experts,

Please I need a help on High Speed Counter Module...
I'm using a diferencial encoder with A,A-,B,B-,Z,Z- inputs
and I made wirings according the user manual as the configuration
software in Ladder, but my counter output only increases,
no matter what direction I'm turning the encoder.
Could someone give me the correct configuration steps.???

You need to check the AB Knowledgebase (their support site) and use the Keyword 1746-HSCE.

You will get Tech notes like this:http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/0/A7236D9A8E3ED02C85256AFB0062F63A?OpenDocument

Which states:pulse & Direction/Internal Control will work with any device you may be using in your application. When monitoring the modules accumulated count (I:e.1) in it's input image the count will increment no matter which direction the encoder is turned. The module will fault when the count exceeds 32767, this is normal operation. To recover from this condition cycle power to the SLC or change modes from RUN to PROGRAM then back to RUN.

Steve had the answer, I think.

If you set bits 9, 10, 11 of the configuration word M0:e.1, in the Quadrature Encoder Input section, this will do it for you.

Refer to publication 1746-6.5, Page 2-2, bits 9, 10, 11.