1746-HSCE Need Help

plcman777

Does anyone have any programming examples of using a 1746-HSCE encoder module in a linear motion situation.

I have configured the Mfiles and have the proper counts for both directions coming into my integer file; would like to see how one then uses the counts in their program. Especially rolling over 32767.

Thanks

We have a machine on our production floor right now with 11 of these modules. One interfaced in a circular counter (rolling over to zero) manner and the other 10 in a linear fashion. Fos some of the axes while the total count range is less than 32767, the max point would be. So I have an internal offset which adds to the count from the module to get the true distance.

For these 10 linear axes I am controlling 10 somewhat slow DC motors to position machine sections to theri proper point for upcoming product.

How can I help you?

Looking for some logic examples of using the counts in the program. Particularly where the encoder counts past 32767.

For example, I leave zero and travel 8 feet to the end. In 8 feet the encoder passes 32767 six times. How do I get a usable number at say five feet?

The easiest answer it to get a 1746-HSCE2 which allows for 32-bit counting but that is even more complicated to program than the HSCE and you might not have the option of spending more money.

It seems that the problem is that in the HSCE a fault is generated whenever the count goes outside of +/-32768 (nice "feature" AB). That said, your only choice is to set up as a ring counter and work on the math to not loose counts.

If you do a search on posts by Peter Nachtwey having to do with encoders you will find out all you need.