SLC150 handheld manual

sarahc

Hi all,
I have an SLC150 to revive . Dredged up a 95 machine + software, unfortunately, when uploading the program, it crashes out 1/2 way thru. Does this on 2 seperate machines, with 2 different SLCs. Tried different baud rates, still no go. Using SLC100/150 v2.09.00 with 1745-PCC. (Any ideas appreciated).
So...the handheld programmer. Does anyone know where to find info on how to use it? (and yes, I know the customer should upgrade and spare me the hassle, but no, he won't)
Thanks

Mickey said:

Returns the following message:

Network message format error. GET request must have a QUERY_STRING value (the CGI parameters on the URL)

The link is to the search engine result, but no search criteria are specified in the link. Unfortunatley, I haven't been able to figured out how to make AB's search engine results embedable in a URL, unlike Google.

Alaric,
When I first post it then test after posting it works. But when I leave this site and come back it dosen't. hmmmm? Oh well you gave what I was trying to.

sarahc,

Try starting your Win95 computer, then switch to "DOS mode". I think the old SLC100 program had to be run in the DOS Operating System environment. You will need to know a few of the old DOS commmands to move around in DOS, things such as CD (Change Directory), RUN, COPY , and so on.

sarahc said:
...(and yes, I know the customer should upgrade and spare me the hassle, but no, he won't)
Thanks

Point out to the customer how much extra he is paying you for the hassle - and how much less the expenditure of $150 for a ML1K will cost him on the next service call.
(talk about stepping over dollars to pick up dimes!)

Thanks guys, manual should help quite a bit in using the handheld.

In regards to the upload crashing out, I am running in DOS. Anyone got any idea as to why it could be crashing? The constants between the 2 SLC setups are the software version (2.09.00) and the PCC. We only have one PCC. BTW, always crashes at rung 44, even though the SLCs have different code in them??
Thanks

Sighs of relief.

Found a cure. First SLC program I was trying was Slc.exe (for 100 + 150) from the Rockwell CDs. After reading posts I tried pcis.exe, and... it goes! Many thanks for the help eveyone.