Electric vehicle Chapter Two

leitmotif

The saga continues

Wanted to build electric vehicle.
Did not have money
Needed job

Got job
Working for outfit converting gasoline or other internal combustion to all electric.

Guess I could call this "learn by doing" or an apprentice ship.

Presently
finishing a Sunbeam,
starting a Honda wagon
and a Porsche 914 (I think ?) is scheduled.

Thought I should update and thank
1 those who replied and gave good info to my thread on electric vehicle
2. Those who helped me in job search.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Dan Bentler

Wow Dan..does your post mean you are actually doinf what you wanted!? that rare!! Would love to see the specs on the Porche when its converted..as for the sunbeam..can you give us any info?..Milage,speed accelation..what you ended up using for a power plant etc..

D

darrenj said:
Wow Dan..does your post mean you are actually doinf what you wanted!? that rare!!
REPLY Well that seems to be what happened. The downside is I have always been a little fearful of screwing up a good hobby with a job. We will see.

Would love to see the specs on the Porche when its converted..as for the sunbeam..can you give us any info?..Milage,speed accelation..what you ended up using for a power plant etc..
REPLY If I can - of course.
I think this type of thing (testing and data gather) will be part of the apprenticeship.

I have searched many websites and have been very disappointed at the lack of good tech data. They do seem to rely on pretty pictures though.

The two big (and most common) questions are of course how fast and how far?

Porsche by the way is a very popular conversion. I believe there are one or more kits out there for it.

IF there are a whole bunch of you guys interested in this let me know by posting here. IF enough I will post results here or by private message to prevent "cluttering" (??) the site. Kinda your choice.

Almost forgot
The shop I am working for favors DC drive. Now that is a very nice way of putting it since there are a few of us who are interested in 3 phase AC drive. Not that DC is a bad thing - has been the system of choice for decades and has worked very well.
Just that AC is a little better.

Dan Bentler

Last edited: