Plc Control Of Robotic Arm

dom19

As part of my third year mechatronic project to build a robotic arm controlled by the use of finger motion i'm looking into using plc control. basically the robot arm should mimic the motion of your finger. i have researched using a flex sensor which can be attached on the operators finger which simply changes resistance as your finger bends,i would appreciate any help how this could be controlled by a plc

How many axes of motion?
Speed of motion?
Resolution of motion?
Response time?
What kind of actuator?
What powers the actuator?

A PLC could be one of several solutions for this. Need more info.

Dan Bentler

Like the guy asking for the elevator program, this is also vague. No mention on how the finger/pickup unit should articulate. It could be four axis, but more likely just open and close, (grip or release). So how does the finger get to the item to pick it up??

as mentioned, it looks like you are going to need closed loop system. if you have robotic arm that looks like human arm, you can create loops for each axis (PI or PID will do). sensors from glove will provide SP, sensors from robotic arm will provide PV, and you can use outputs to control actuators. for really fast response you could use motion controller.

Dom's got TWO threads going on the same topic. The second request gives more..a little more data. So I posted a response there.