lenze drive blues

hotrod

Well here goes, I have aboult 8 lenze drives running motors and other things, problem is, I just had one blow fire out of the top of one, replaced it, checked the wiring, motors, you name it,then the drive for a different motor blows a cover off the bottom of the drive that is for the leads going to the motor. how do you get a short in the output of a drive if it's not being sent an input to run?, I'm still wet behind the ears, but learning.

Last edited:
Well, wet behind the ears you may be but stuff happens and if anything can happen or go wrong, it will! With that said! You will get better response to your post if you put it in the main discussion forum, and not here in the practice section. A little more info would be helpful on your exact failure mode and I am sure there are some experts here that will offer some suggestions on what may have happened! Good luck! Welcome to the forum too!

ok, but how would a drive enable itself?, all i did was power up the panel and reset the e-stop circuit, and BOOOM.,