Profibus CP342-5 communication

bopit

:geek: Dear all
Hi every body,I have problams about communication of profibus in my work.Now ! I used the hardware flowing as below attached files (picture).That are problams about configurated of CP342-5 is the master bus for connection with slave,when I used the CP313c-2DP communicated with slave is ok,but change to the CP342-5 is not ok,it mean that can't read data from slave and I have questions about the ncs diagonostic of the CP342-5 flowing attach pictures the slaves in root is passive not active.And show the error meassage.What does it mean? If who have experent about communication S7-300 and CP342-5 to profibus slave and program for communication please tell me step by step! Thank you
Best regard

Last edited:
Hello bopit;

Are you trying to use DP communications on the CP342-5 exactly as on the integrated DP interface of a CPU? You need to program specialized FCs to use a CP342-5:

CP342_5.jpg

I suggest you download manuals for the CP342-5 (such as Profb1_e.pdf, where the extract was taken from) on the Siemens support website. You should find it useful.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier