CP342-5 profibus and drives

userxyz

Hi,

I have a Siemens 313 CPU which has no profibus port. Instead of buying a new CPU, we ordered a CP342-5 profibus card.

I have written standard blocks for PPO + PKW communication with omron frequency drives. This was written and tested with a 315-2DP CPU.

Okay, we want to communicate with the 313 + CP342 to the omron drives. The CP342-5 has to be master and the drives are slaves.

I know CP342-5 cards are used for communication between networks, I hope it can be used to be master for drives as slaves ?

I connected 3 drives on the CP342-5 and did my configuration in the HWconfig. I get BUSF on the CP342-5. When I look into diagnostics, the CP can see the nodes, but I get faults.

Can anyone give me more information about the problem I have ?

Here some screenshots:

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Communication

Hi,

Good news and an additional question...

So like I said, I have 4 omron drives on profibus. I have written drivers for the in S7. Each use PPO type 1, 12 bytes long. Each drive has 12 bytes in/out length.

I used the DP-Send and DP-Receive blocks, interfacing with a DB where the received data and to_write data is located.

I tried with 1 drive. It works. Faults are gone on the CP342-5 because I poll for data now.

But now to read from all drives... How is this done... do I need to make a struct of 12 * 4 bytes ?

Thanks in forward,
Regards,
Gerry

Hi!

Have a look here:
http://www.plcs.net/downloads/index....aee0d5c0339cef

Check this doc from JesperMP:
"Some tips regarding Siemens Profibus DP via CP342-5.pdf
In a nutshell, the thinsg that Siemens just can't explain so it is understandable."

Kalle

ok

I tried to Receive and write all data from/to drives at once.

3 drives (not 4) with PPO1 length 12 / drive => 36 bytelength for 3 drives.

Receive = 36 bytes via CP
Send = 36 bytes via CP

After that I send the 36 bytes into structs. Now the data is reachable directly and can be connected to my omrondrivers.

All drives with PZD and PKW are communicating like it should, all okay.

Many thanks !!!

Maybe 2 little additional questions:

DPSTATUS = 4 ? And STATUS is sometimes for a short time: 8180 ?

Meaning of the bits in DPSTATUS in DP master mode
Bit Meaning
7 not used
6 This bit is not set.Please read the information in the manual as well.
5,4 Values for DPSTATUS of the DP master:00 RUN
01 CLEAR
10 STOP (this is now the OFFLINE mode)
11 OFFLINEPlease read the information in the manual as well.
3 Value 1: Cyclic synchronization is active
2 Value 0: No new diagnostic data exists
Value 1: Evaluation of diagnostic list useful; at least one station has new diagnostic data
1 Value 0: All DP slaves are in the data transfer phase
Value 1: Evaluating the station list is useful
0 DP modeValue 0: DP master mode
The other bits only have the specified meaning when this bit is not set.

Regards,
Gerry
oke.jpg

Last edited: