Error code 379H from module 1762-IT4. Please Help!

Oorja

I hope someone can help me out with this.

The PLC is a Micrologix 1500 using a expansion module 1762-IT4(thermal couple module) in slot 3. I am trying to run a program which turns on based on a switch. Everytime I leave the program in run mode and flip the switch off and turn it back on, the PLC reports a major error , IOS data file shows code 379h, "Expansion I/O module 3 generated an error". No errors have ever been reported by any other modules. It stays in fault and until cleared regardless of cycling power.

Any ideas, hints, or inspirations? Does anyone know of comparable installations operating without problems?

Thanks,
SS

Let me see if I understand what your doing correctly. You are using the switch to power the plc on and off, is that correct? If so, why not just write the plc program so that nothing happens unless the switch is on, and leave the plc running. I would guess that the expansion module is powering down faster than the processor, the last thing the processor sees is a bad module and sets a fault bit, just before it dies as well. If you set the S:1/8 bit to 1 under the errors tab of the status file, the fault should be cleared on power up.

Last edited: