circuit board identification

goxx

on my curcuit board, i have a component with 5 legs, it is labeled with a U. what is this? thanks in advance, and happy new year.

Did it originally have 5 legs? or did some drop off ? you could give a bit more of a clue as to the use of this board , maybe someone could tell you what you device is .

A number of manufacturers used U instead of L for identifying chips. They were not really considered Integrated circuits but were not transistors. Usually they contained a pair of transistors with common collector or emitter and were commonly used as a differential amplifier. They were a predessor to the OP-AMP in some cases.

appreciate the help. can't provide photo or give more information, this was the information and question asked of me from a fella on another shift. i will pass along the info yall have given. thanks!