How to automatically addressing AS-i slave nodes?

pboll

Hi guys,

I have a Siemens CP-343-2P master module and some slaves, but I don't have an addressing device, according to the manuals, it seems I can addressing those slaves automatically, but how? I checked from siemens website, but I can't find any help on that. Is there anybody knows how to do that?

Thanks.

I worked with Siemens ASI recently. A total automatic programming is in my opinion not possible. What I did was:

1- Make youre step 7 hardware configuration for the ASI network
2- Manually address all the slaves in the network
3- Make the network faultless.

When a network is operational without configuration errors then the option off automatic addressing becomes possible. If the network detects that ASI slave 5 is missing it will automattically program a new slave of the same type and address 0, to replace the removed slave 5.

So when a slave is defective the working order is:

-Disconnect the slave from the network
-Place a new slave with address 0 and off the same type in the network.

Now the master will detect and automattically address the slave.

When there are multiple slaves off the same type missing then automatically addressing is not working.

So the option is mostly effective for maintenance engineers.

When you say manually address all the slaves, is that mean using an addressing device or use STEP7 ?

If it's through STEP7, how do I know the parameters (in Slave Configuration tab of CP343-2P properties in HW Config) like:

Slave type, I/O Configuration, ID code, ID1 & ID2 code?

Of course and bit0 1 2 3 if it's static or not?

Thanks.

We don't like to use the Siemens ASi masters.

We use a third party master that works very well with that kind of stuff.

I think Werner is right about the automatic addressing option. It is only for replacing a defective slave.

But it is possible to program new or change addresses in runtime if you use the function ASi_3422, downloadable from the siemens support site.

With the FC ASi_3422 you can do a lot of different things with the CP343-2 P by issuing commands to the CP unit. FC ASi_3422 comes with a sample program, demonstrating some of its use. But as usual with siemens stuff, it is not the easiest to understand and implement in your S7 program. But if you are like me and like a challenge, then go for it. :) Be aware there is an error in the sample program regarding one of the commands, but I can’t remember exactly what this error is. But I can check it out if you wish.

wan.

pboll said:
When you say manually address all the slaves, is that mean using an addressing device or use STEP7 ?

If it's through STEP7, how do I know the parameters (in Slave Configuration tab of CP343-2P properties in HW Config) like:

Slave type, I/O Configuration, ID code, ID1 & ID2 code?

Of course and bit0 1 2 3 if it's static or not?

Thanks.

I used an ASI programmer of Siemens. The I/O configuration ID code etc. are readable with the ASI programmer and are ASI slave type depenant. So a fotocel for example is always I/O 1 and ID code 1.

With the parameter bits it is possible to select options for the slave. For example a fotocel can be dark switching or light switching. You can select this with the parameter options. So when a defective fotocel is replaced it still reacts the same as the old one. (The parameters are send over the network)

See the documentation off the ASI slave to find out parameter options and I/O configuration. (Sometimes the documentation is very unclear and some onesite trial and error work will do the trick.) The S7 hardware configuration must exactly match the real thing to become faultless. (Fault leds on the master).

A small handheld device resembling a digital volt meter. With this device you can set the ASI address of an ASI slave. There is a wide variaty of programmers available. We just bought one of Siemens, which worked fine.

So I didn't mean a person that comes over and program youre ASI.