s5 distributed i/o

catalin78

Hi people .
I have a plc s5 cpu 941b and i want to add an im308-c to extend i/o with et200m distributed i/o because the modules are easy to find on stocks.
My question marks are the following.
What requirements are needed for mounting im308-c to that cpu?
I have com profibus 3.3 and a siemens pg with eprom prommer, is it enough to set parameters to im308c?
What flash card is needed for im308-c?
Any example on how to read inputs or outputs trough im308c?

Thanks ,
Catalin

catalin78

I will try and answer your questions one at a time....

What requirements are needed for mounting im308-c to that cpu?
A spare slot in the PLC rack.

I have com profibus 3.3 and a siemens pg with eprom prommer, is it enough to set parameters to im308c?
If you were using ET200U remote I/O, I would agree, but as you plan to use ET200M, you will probably need to upgrade to Com Profibus V5.1.2.1

What flash card is needed for im308-c?

I can answer that question when I get to work tomorrow morning.

Paul

Hi Catalin78

I trying to answer your questions as well I can (It is not much).
"What requirements are needed for mounting im308-c to that cpu?"
- Mountain Rack must be compatible with IM308C. Like CR700-2 or CR700-3, and SLOT-6 must be available for this purpose.
- Adapter casing for IM308C = 6ES5 491-0LB11.

"What flash card is needed for im308-c?"
- Depends your Profibus card
1) if 6ES5 308-3UC21 = 256kBytes 6ES5 374-1KH21 (5V Memory card)
2) if 6ES5 308-3UC11 = 256kBytes 6ES5 374-1FH21 (12V Memory card)

"Any example on how to read inputs or outputs trough im308c?"
Are you going to use P- or Q-address areas??
1) Throught P-area, you "should not have" any problems?
In worst case you must read/write IOs as below:
e.g. L PW 94 // I had to use this within 942,
T EW 94 // when my IO-addresses was
L AW 94 // over 90.
T PW 94 //
** Observe -> Using by 941b max.address 63. **
2)If you use Q-addresses -> you can read/write your Q-addresses using by LIR and TIR commands. ( Not recommended )

"I have com profibus 3.3 and a siemens pg with eprom prommer, is it enough to set parameters to im308c?"
Update you gsd-files and try :eek:) I really don't know what is the right answer but perhaps somebody else can help you?

Thanks for reply .
How can i indentify mountain rack? What is "slot-6"?
Also i don't know what is adapter casing ?
Maybe you can put some light on these , Pete .
Thanks again.

catalin78 said:
How can i indentify mountain rack? What is "slot-6"?
Also i don't know what is adapter casing ?

What Pete means is the mounting rack, or the PLC rack if you like, slot 6 is the right most slot in the rack.

The adaptor casing is what used to hold the card in the rack.

Paul

Sorry guys !!
My FinEnglska (Finnish -> english translation) MIGHT include some mistakes, so be a patient :eek:) I'am just trying to do my best...

(B)