Communication problem

Deeps

hi all,
I am a beginner in WinCC and siemens PLCs.I need to sort out some problems in one of our WinCC project.So I kindly request some expert help to solve the following Issues.

System:
There is one WinCC server connected to S5 PLCs via SINEC H1 bus.

Software:-

Hardware:-
CP cards:-CP 535( in S5 PLcs)
CP 1613( in PC )

Problem:-

Here I'm transfering 20-30 tags to PLC at a time. There is around 5 sec delay in WinCC - PLC Communication.The acceptable delay is below 2 sec.

I think it may be bcoz of bandwidth limitation. But don't know exactly. So please let me know why this delay is more & how to overcome this delay.

Thanks in advance,

What I want is that the time delay taken for writing data to PLC memory should not be more than 1s ( as per requirement ).

Here as I said transfering 20-30 tags to PLC. So what you suggest?

Right click on your project in WinCC, choose "Properties", then "Update Cycle". What do you see there? under the list? i'm just wondering if you will see something like 5 sec been choosen...in that way "on change" choice would help you...

ur absolutely right.
I had kept the same setting for the project.
It's ok when I'm transferring a single tag at a time.
But I'm getting a delay (PLC shows change in value after 5-6s) while transferring a bunch of values to PLC with same settings.

SO what to do in this case ?

again, what exactly is in the "update cycle" properties of your project? "5 s", "on change", "1 s" or whatelse?

are those 20-30 tags are changed at the same time? what's frequence of the tags values changing?

In "Update Cycle" properties I set the option "Upon change".
The 20-30 tags are used as setpoints. They r changed for each schedule & downloaded at the same time(to PLC). So u can say that these values r changed at same time. The change-frequencey is not more.