MES and control system

sandymax

Dear All PLCs.net users,
I am working on Manufacturing Execution system which is integared with SAP (ERP system) , i want Shop floor data get interface with MES system
the MES is a Window based Application , i don't have information does OPC interface is aviable
The shop floor is having few Temp sensors and Proxy sensors

can any one help me on Total system integration apporach

Thanks in advance

Sandy

Opc

Dear Sandy,

You can use OPC in one way with MES but which system (PLC & SCADA) are there on the network connected to MES--SAP system and on what Link?

If your MES does not support OPC (i.e. if it is not an OPC Client) then there is no point looking for OPC link? What MES system are you using , I guess most MES system would have an OPC link.

Do you need to put Data directly to SAP modules or only link the plant floor data with MES and not SAP, Does your MES internally uses RFCs to transmit data to SAP modules e.g. MM, PP etc.

Could your elaborate more?

----
Arc

Dear Arc,
Thanks for your reply
Currently i am working on Fnet is doesnot have OPC link as , i have Barcode only interfaced with the Fnet clients at the shopfloor ,
The MES System is linled with SAP through ALE IDOCs, The Shopfloor is having AB and Siemes system, i am having Exp in Prog of AB,SEIMENS,B&R,MODICON PLC and Wonderware , RSView SCADA
I want to bring few Shop floor Data specially the Temperture,Proxy switches

Thanks,
Sandeep

??

No Idea of this FNET system !! Is this the product name of a MES System??

If you need to put data in MES system and not to SAP, i guess only the MES supplier should let you know the interfaces available to external files and data.

You need to give more information , In any case your sensors cannot be connected to windows system directly i.e. if they do not have any form of communication interface. They will have to come via the PLC / SCADA ....com route

How often do you want this data , on regular interval , snap shot etc ...

Give some more infor on your MES System or have a talk to them..
-----
Arc

Dear ARC,
Its Apersio Flexnet , Currtly its older Version installion which doesnot have OPC only Barcode Interface is aviable ,
In comming moths we will go for Latest version where its having OPC interface
The Proxy will be on the Conveyer belt which will Count number of Product IN/OUT and Send The data , I am thinking to do it in PLC it self by providing Some Counter And sending DATA in Batch of 48 Nos or 72 Nos (As per Cutomer requirment)
Only thing , currtly i am not having latest version
I know One product in MES DATASWEEP Advantage 6.2 its having OPC interface

Can you pls help me in understanding ways to interface MES product with PLC/SCADA/DCS ?

Thanks,
Sandeep

Make sure the MES system has an OPC driver for the SCADA and a driver to communicate with the brand(s) of PLC you have in the plant. This could be OPC also.

May Be Csv File

I am not sure if this would make any meaning.

1) Prog your plc to count product IN/OUT with other required parameters, i.e. what all info you want about this product.

2) Map all such data on the SCADA you have (Tags) , I do not know which one you are using.

3) Log this data on an event basis or time bases on a CSV file from your SCADA, if it allows CSV logging.

4) Connect your SCADA PC with MES PC on Windows TCP/IP Link, normal network (as a work group or Domain based ), whatever networking you have in your plant setup.

4) May be your MES can read this CSV file automatically from the SCADA PC or based on an operator's request / Manually.
You would know more about your MES system's Import facility.

By the way what kind of a plant do you have !!

ANY Web page for your MES system ??
--------
Arc

Hi Arc,

The Current product is olderform i .e 7.2 the new version is going to be implemented by next year Here is information on Product
http://www.apriso.com/en-us/13-Dec-05_FlexNet93.htm
Its a Glass Manufaturing Company ,

Yesterday i was sharing this things with my friend , Specially for Activity Login i.e Machine Hour, Down time , Man power Estimate Etc
Where From PLC the Windows application reades Machine Start /Stop/ under Maintaenance Bits and Gather the Shift Data that data get Uploaded to VB based MES

This Activity Data Most of MES are Manual enter called as End of Shift,
I am very much thankful the step you have given , I had workedon RSview, Wonderware SCADA where by using RSlinx server DDE we have communicated VB(MES) + SCADA + PLC

I know DATASWEEP Advantage is haveing OPC interface. May be i can try out few study with that also ??

Thanks ARC, bob

Sandeep