Beijer Transparrent mode is rubbish!

iansmiler

Hi guys, I have just completed a project where upon I had three Beijer HMI's (2xE150 1xE410) and I tried to use them via transparrent mode. This worked but the lag was far too great, I wasn't even doing that much with the display's! I contacted mitsubishi and they told me that 'the information contained within the mitsubishi documentation - concerning transparrent mode wasn't exactly accurate'! thanks guys! I got round the problem by introducing a dedicated RS232 module for the 2 E150's and connected the E410 straight to main port, phew, it worked! but it cost me an extra £200 and my time on site.
Has anyone else come accross this problem?

If its for FX2 serie, I allways carry in my lappy a 232-BD board.

It cost 50$ and I add it to the PLC until I finish the work.

I try never to used them transparent function, there a pain. Besides, I also save on SC09 cables !!!

Never had a problem using transparent mode, make sure you set to highest B/rate, have about 50 of these on-site & they are great.

Although all are connected to individual pc's FX & Q but the Q's are networked.

If you can find a better HMI that can do it I would like to know or stop wingeing, I think Beijers have a good product.

your obviously a sales guy for mitsi! either way - I use pretty much every type of HMI from ProFace to Allen Bradley and I can definitely confirm that the Beijer product is the worst of the bunch and also that the software (Edesigner) is also a load of ****! how's about sticking that in your pipe....

your obviously a sales guy for mitsi! either way - I use pretty much every type of HMI from ProFace to Allen Bradley and I can definitely confirm that the Beijer product is the worst of the bunch and also that the software (Edesigner) is also a load of ****! how's about sticking that in your pipe....

Well, speak as you find, I guess. If you think E-Designer is that bad, you've led a very sheltered life, because I've seen much worse. Personally, I quite like some of the Beijers units, and at one time for a touch screen the E910 would have been my first choice. Since I tend to use A-B PLCs, transparent mode is not available, and actually, pass-thru doesn't really work very well either. But apart from that, I think they're OK.

iansmiler said:

Is this the battle of Britain?

IMHO - Beijer has a very good product and mitsu is the best hardware on the market.

The problem starts when you address the softwares and customer care. Here in Canada they are worst than AB. Can't go any lower.

I suppose that living in such a cosmopolitan city such as Manchester offers me the advantage of using some of the most cutting edge technological developments within the automation industry, but I do sympathise with you over there in Kent, my friend (whom is unfortunate enough to live there) says that you still have to program using 'punch cards' and that the local standard for an HMI is a few flashing lamps! is this true?

You can make lamps flash? You nearly made me punch the wrong hole in this card with that one! That's way too advanced for us. At least we don't have to drink Boddingtons, or any of that other nitro-keg rubbish.

Progress

Try replacing the punch cards with one of the new 8-inch 'floppy' disks. You will be amazed. Not quite as good as punched paper tape,
but much better than cards, and a lot cheaper than the punch tape.

oldgearhead

Thanks for your suggestion. I've just tried one of those floppy disks, and you're right, I was amazed, but I don't think quite in the way you meant. For a start, it's damn difficult to punch the holes, and second, the results were, well, pretty disappointing really. Am I doing something wrong?

Look carefully at the 8" disk. There is one hole (other than the one in the center). That is the Index Hole. Punching other hole will confuse the system.

I have some unused Verbatim 8s if you need more.

Rod (The CNC Dude)

Mickey said:
Is this conversation kind of like the New York vs. Boston thing or French speaking vs English speaking or L.A. vs. San Francisco?

All kind of good natured I hope.

I think it's just a Manchester thing - Them vs Rest of the World, like Oasis, Manchester Utd. etc.

Actually there's some good things come out of Manchester like the M62!!

BTW Ian, just kidding but you wouldn't expect owt else from a Yorkshire lad.

I think Mitsi/Beijer stuff's ok but the manuals and some aspects of the programming software suck.