a beginer likes to learn

mutaz

i mutaz nasir, last semester student. studing in near east university in north cyprus. the semester is going to start by next week and i am going to take plcs as a technical elective course.
at the same time i would like to do my graduation project in plcs.
so i'll be glad if anyone gives me an idea to learn about plcs perfectly and also an idea to do a project using plcs. i have little idea that i got when i was doing my summer training in one factory. i also have some softwears like easy soft and so on. i am not able to order books through internet to learn thats why i am asking you the best way to learn.
thank you and best wishes.

Hello Mutaz. If you can't buy a book, you can download a free PLC book here.

You can also read an online book here. This sight also has some products that may help you with your project.

Since money seems to be an issue, you'll want to make sure you can afford the software for whatever plc you choose to use. Programming software can be prohibitively expensive for the cheap plc the hobbyist buys off e-bay.

Good luck.

oops. I almost forgot about this project. If you are good with electronics and can build a project from scratch, check out these two sites.

Classic Ladder : Runs in Linux and Windows

IPAC : A do it yourself Modbus RTU.

The IPAC was designed to work with Classic Ladder.

Last edited: