Beginer kits

gera

Hi everyone! I just joined this site and I am interested in learning about PLC, I am going back to school to finished a degree in Mechanical Eng. and I want to be prepare and learn more about this kind of subjects. I am a manufacturing technician and work for a company that uses PC's to control motors, sensors, and things like that but I want to increase my knowledge and maybe open another posibliity for a better o different job. Because I don't work with PLC's I want to know if there are beginers kits that I can buy to trained myself and at the same time have some fun.
thanks,

Gerardo

You already have found one of your best resources. PLCS.net!

I recommend buying a PLC (ebay or automation direct) and start doing some programming in your garage, maybe control some lights or something. Start figuring out what you can control. (make a parking sensor or something)

If you buy a used PLC be aware that software comes at a huge price sometimes. Certain companies will give you the software but the big name ones aren't cheap.

You already have found one of your best resources. PLCS.net!

I recommend buying a PLC (ebay or automation direct) and start doing some programming in your garage, maybe control some lights or something. Start figuring out what you can control. (make a parking sensor or something)

If you buy a used PLC be aware that software comes at a huge price sometimes. Certain companies will give you the software but the big name ones aren't cheap.

thanks, That's is exactly kinda what i am looking for ideas and basic traiing info that I can do at my garage to learn things better.. I had been reading through the website that you guys said and liking it.-- Thanks again!!

thanks, That's is exactly kinda what i am looking for ideas and basic traiing info that I can do at my garage to learn things better.. I had been reading through the website that you guys said and liking it.-- Thanks again!!

Well once you get the PLC and what ever you control; lights, fan, etc. The most important thing is to start practicing the logic. Start learning the ladder logic. Start with,I want a switch and I need to turn this output on and off. Then say okay I want a timer and I want the light on for a second then off for a second. Then just start getting more and more complicated, for example ten lights and do a fancy sequence. Once you have the basics of sequencing and timers and latches then you can start with the real fun stuff. lol like network communications, touchscreens, servo controls, etc.

download the new do-more software from automation direct it has a built in simulator to play with