Indramat CLM

ventura

I have an Indramat CLM1.3-LR1-06V45 that lost the parameters.
Somebody Know how to program it and what is the extension file?

You can key in all parameters manually using keypad if you know values. if parameters lost, most likely you lost program also.

I don't remember file extension, but it is one file for program and parameters. You need CLM motion manager software to download program and parameters. You can view this file with notepad

I am sure they can sell you one. It may call differently now, I did not use it since 2003.
If program is short you can enter it by hand using keypad

Well it is very difficult to find here in Brasil. I have an old steel cut machine with the Indramat, PLC and a PC. Will be very difficult to program again. I am trying to find some file for the Indramat in the PC, but I don't know the file type.

I think file should have extension .CLM

If you have this file, you can open it with a notepad and read all parameters and program and type it manually if you have no software.
Software is useless if no offline source code.

Contr_Conn is correct that you need to look for a .clm file extension (configuration & parameters). The Motion Manager application should be a CLM.exe file and the latest I've seen is v7.4. I have a copy, but it is under license to our company and I cannot supply it to you. Notepad will work to view a .clm file, but I do not think it will work to download to the Indramat drive.

Our west coast representative in the U.S. is a fellow named Dan. He stated that there should be a Bosch-Rexroth office in Brazil. Today is a holiday in the states, but you can reach him tomorrow at the office and he should be able to help.

http://www.aimotion.com/ USA 909-593-7304 x102

As Contr_Conn mentioned, it won't do much good if you do not have the original .clm file.

Grover

Thank you for helping me guys. I had contact with BoschRexroth here, and they can come and with the Motion Manager, but I do not have the CLM file until now.

Is it possible lost only the parameters. I have the parameters lost msg in LCD. But a guy just told me that the program is in the card and it is not affected by battery, only the parameters.

Someone can help me?

Ventura,

"I've attached a file showing the parameters of our 2-axis application. On each axis we use the servomotor to drive a table forward (example 210mm) then drive reverse the same distance. As you can see in the file, we have five "recipes" programmed for each axis. There is also a "home" routine to zero the table before use.

The parameters are listed at the bottom of the file. I hope they are of some use to you as you try to "re-program" your CLM.

Good luck

Grover

If you did not loose program, you still should see it on the screen using keypad.

Switching CLM to parameter mode will let you see and change parameters from the keypad.

As far as I remember both parameters and program are in the same memory, so most likely you lost both.

I didn't mean to throw a file at you and walk away, but I was in a hurry yesterday when I sent the CLM text file. My intent was to show you an example of how our simple application was programmed. I believe that equally important to knowing which parameters must be programmed, is knowing which parameters can be left at default or zeroed. Again, our application is very simple (when the input signals are true, move the table forward then reverse it). Your application may be far more complicated or hopefully, just as simple. Please let me know if I can answer any questions.

Grover

Important Lesson

Everyone,

Ventura's situation serves as a great reminder for others, myself included, to have at least a printed copy of all configuration data for all of your programmable devices. VFDs, servo-drives, temperature controllers, sensors, network devices, etc., are nearly all programmable and when they fail, recovery can be very costly.

VFDs for example, can have dozens or hundreds of parameters programmed in order to ensure optimal drive operation. Folks smarter than myself have even "ghosted" the hard drives of critical PCs at our plant in order to reduce downtime and ensure proper equipment operation after the repair. Once and awhile we find that we've missed something and have had to do manually reprogram a device just like Ventura (and then thoroughly TEST the functionality, which can take way longer). An ounce of prevention goes a long way.

Grover