I've had enough of the 'Tech' bull!

yam785

Lifetime Supporting Member
I thought this was a website for everyone. But it is not, it is a 'Tech' bashing website. You programmer's act like you're 'Gods'. I'll have you know that I have a female partner, who is very sharp, and would make your 'engineers' look like a pile of brown stuff, when it came to troubleshooting. Any 'goof' can create a program, but it takes someone with 'talent' to troubleshoot it, with heavy duty pressure on.

I have a fellow 'power and control tech', who is female, that is very sharp. We will take on 'anybody' on this site, on unknown equipment to all of us, when the pressure is on, an the machine is down.

Thanks for the time on your site, but seeing as I am a lowly 'tech', I've had enough of the bashing.

Robert W. Edwards
Power and Control Tech

"Tech" bashing ???

:confused:

I am a little confused here, too. It seems to me that what little bashing is done here rarely tends to be focussed at techs.

What did I miss?

Steve

yam785 said:
but seeing as I am a lowly 'tech',

Robert

You will probably find that there are lots of us Tech's on this forum, I am one. I am an electrical technician who happens to do some programming not the other way round.

I can't see where you get the idea that there is 'tech bashing' going on, as Mike asked, please show us an example of this.

Paul

I'm are a teck too. And I bash myself quite alot.

Here's an example o_O

As for the forum et al :site:

But that's just my opinion o_O

Rod (The CNC Dude)

Tech!

I write the programs for machines that aren't built yet. Download them and spend a fair amount of "Tech" time debugging the systems to reconcile what I though was the way things would work compared to what actually happens, what doesn't work as designed and has changed, what is just plain wrong, etc. If I wasn't able to troubleshoot or understand basic electrical or mechanical concepts I wouldn't get far. I also troublshoot problems on site and over the phone as needed, do startup commissioning, and have been sent to customers shops to fix their equipment thay they couldn't get going because they trusted I could. I am as much a Tech as a programmer and proud of it!

Where was anyone bashing you?

As far as Female PLC programmers/tech's I only know one personally. A graduate of MIT that can put most of us to shame. But overall I don't think it a field most women are interested in, especially when it comes to climbing all over dirty equipment all over the country (world) dealing with men who aren't used to having women in their work enviroment..

"Brown Stuff?" Is that what you stepped in when you climbed out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?
icon6.gif

I suspect yam785 may have delivered his opus and vamoosed.

What he may be referring to is the frequent comments about writing code so "Bubba" won't have to call me at 3:00 a.m. on Sunday morning to ask about ...

I could be wrong now, but I don't think so.

Did I miss something?

I have read all the recent threads and reviewed several at least twice. I have yet to see where any bashing is being done.

It is a good thing that you have some good techs working with you Robert because if this is an example of your abilities of interpretation then you must not be a good tech.

It would be helpful if you could show an example of bashing.

I am a "lowly 'tech'" and a female but no one here made fun of me and in fact helped me a lot.
It's very hard to deal with people who lack sense of humor and oversensitive - I think Bob belongs to this group. If there are no jokes about anything in fear to offence someone it will be sooooo booooooooriiiing!!!
Or maybe he was just bored and decided to stir things up :eek: