AC Tech Drive ESV-In the stop state,can you apply enough voltage to not drift back

Cydog

Good Morning ,

I installed an AC Tech ESV 1 HP Drive on a small bucket conveyor. Before it had a DC Motor on it . It now has a Baldor 1 HP 3 Phase motor on it. Whenever it stopped it would drift back about 10 inches.

I was wondering . Can an AC Tech 3 phase drive , inject enough voltage in it's stopped state , so it can hold the shaft stationary till it restarts ?

Thanks so much ,

How long are you planning on holding it at 0 speed? Is the ESV drive a vector drive or just a Volts/Hz drive? How much load and what kind of incline are you trying to hold in position? I would just go old school and put a backstop on the gearbox so it can't go backwards.