Outputs

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
Where can I get information on TTL open collector outputs?
I want to build a sorting machine with an interface that has TTL open collector outputs.
Interface is a 36 Pin Amphenol plug, and each pin corresponds to a different bin.
I think the drive voltage is 5V?
My ignorance is glaring!
Thanks for any responses.

OC outputs

Do you mean that you have devices in your sorter which need open collector outputs to drive them or do you mean that some devices in the sorter have open collector outputs which you must bring into your PLC?

Thanks Eric those links are awseome.
I havn't even chosen the PLC yet.
I don't think I've worked with this type of output before.
I want to somewhat understand the mechanics of the comparitors outputs before I choose the PLC to use for this sorter.
My sorter is an old HP LCR comparator.
I'l be sorting inductors.
I've got some reading to do.
Thanks again
George Bradley