Transfer OP7 data to PLC

BoSChoW

Hi, everyone
I was thinking of transfering the used inputs and outputs that the user choose to use on the OP7 to the PLC, the problem is that i dont know how to do this, any ides?

Thank you very much for the help.

Firstly i would create a screen which would be the "settings" screen. Then i would create an area pointer for "Screen number" & the OP7 keys in protool.

You could then have an FC with a conditional call based on the screen number variable. If the settings screen is open the FC is open so you could use your assigned F keys ie F1, F2 etc to map your I/O preference to your user program, If we were talking alot of I/O then use SFC20 "block move" or SFC21 "Fill" to perform this.

I'm sure the more experienced programmers here will have a more polished solution but it will get you started

Hope this helps

STL

Well i have like 17 inputs, but we chose that only one output is selected in one step, so i have to do a screen with just inputs that have to be transfered to the PLC.

Hi,
If its only 1 input you want on at a time, What about having 2 F keys, One to increment the other to decrement:

F1 +
F2 -

you could then use the two keys to select the required input number and store it in a DB or M memory

Then use say F4 to send the desired Input to your User program.

L DB1.DBB 21 //Screen Number
L 6 //Setting Screen
<>I
BEU
//increment +
A DB1.DBX 9.0 // Key F1 pressed
FP M 2.0
JNB F1
L MW 44
INC 1
T MW 44
F1: NOP 0

//minus -
A DB1.DBX 9.1 // Key F2 Pressed
FP M 2.1
JNB F2
L MW 44
DEC 1
T MW 44
F2: NOP 0

INC/DEC has a range of 0 - 255, After 255 it returns to zero, you could code some limits if you wanted to. MW44 could be manipulated when F4 is pressed.

Hmmm, i was thinking if its possible to transfer all the inputs at a time with the function Transfer to PLC. Because the user will define which inputs will be in use. So the screen should look like this:

INPUT1: 0
INPUT2: 1
INPUT3: 1
INPUT4: 0
INPUT5: 1

and so on. I already decleared that DB2 will had the input data, though i dont know if the inputs will be stored in the 17 addresses of type BOOL. Do i have to define witch input is stored in which address?

I think the OP7 is looking for a DB address defined in your protool project but missing from your S7 project. Have you changed any tags, Area pointers etc

Well now i changed the tags and the area pointer from DB to MW and is working. But i have an another problem. I defined where the tags are going to be stored in the area pointer. Like i said before i made a screen wioth for inputs just to see how it works. The problem is that on the display are showen the inputs with the values that can not be changed. I am doing something wrong but i dont know what.

for each tag i.e

INPUT1: {tag for INPUT 1}
INPUT2: {tag for INPUT 2}
INPUT3: {tag for INPUT 3}
INPUT4: {tag for INPUT 4}
INPUT5: {tag for INPUT 5}

Check the Input/Output field for each tag
1. Field type
2. Display
3. field length

Also what data type are you using for each tag?

I made an area pointer called Alarm Ack. OP, which has the address MW 102 and the length 1 word that means 1 - 16 messages, so i put into input tags from 1 to 4 the addresses MW 102.0 , MW 102.1 , MW 102.2 , MW 102.3. Of each tag the lenght is 1. Is this the right configuration?

Personally i wouldnt bother with the area pointer for what you are doing, Just create a Tag for every field (INPUT NO) based on a DB/M address, Try first a Boolean data type and see if you can manipulate it via the screen, That way your finish address is automatically updated. If you dont get the desired result then you will need to use a Byte for every Input parameter and control the entered number from the PLC.

Thank you very much. Its works perfectly although i will need to test it when the program on the plc will be running. Thanks again man.