What's new STEP 7 V5.4

EKBist

What's new:
http://simatic.net.ru/viewtopic.php?t=2170

SIMATIC Manager
· As of STEP 7 V5.4, there are two formats available for displaying the date and the time. You can select a display in the respective STEP 7 national language and or in ISO 8601 standard format. To make this setting, go to the SIMATIC Manager, open the "Customize" dialog box and select the "Date and Time" tab.
· As of STEP 7 V5.4, you can have module times displayed in the local time for your programming device (PG)/PC. To make this setting, go to the SIMATIC Manager, open the "Customize" dialog box and select the "Date and Time" tab.
· As of STEP 7 V5.4, you have the option of restricting access to projects and libraries by assigning a passwords to them. In order to do this, you must have installed SIMATIC Logon V1.3 SP1 (as of now referred to as SIMATIC Logon) (see What You Should Know About Access Protection).
· As of STEP 7 V5.4, after setting up access protection for projects and libraries, you have the option of keeping a change log that records online actions such as "Download", "Operating Mode Changes", and "Reset". In order to do this, you must have installed SIMATIC Logon V1.3 SP1 (as of now referred to as SIMATIC Logon) (see What You Should Know About Access Protection).
Configuring and Diagnosing Hardware
· The "Information and Maintenance" process is supported in order to be able to read identification data from or write identification data to modules. This function is also available in the SIMATIC Manager (see Identification and Maintenance (I&M)).
· Identification data can also be written to PROFIBUS DP interface modules during redundant mode (by means of "Accessible Nodes"). The interface module must support this function.
· CAx data can be imported and exported. In this way, data can be exchanged between STEP 7 and CAD systems or CAE engineering systems (see Exporting and Importing CAx Data)
· The firmware for PROFIBUS DP interface modules can also be updated during redundant mode, as long as such a module will support this process. Each of the redundantly used interface modules can now send the updated firmware through the active backplane bus to the other, redundant interface module.
· The "Software Redundancy" function now allows PA links with subordinate PA slaves to be copied and redundantly inserted (see Configuring SW Redundancy)
· Applications for editing objects in HW Config can now be started with the Edit > Open Object menu command (see Opening Objects in HW Config).
· You can configure a watchdog time for PROFINET IO devices (see Configuring the Watchdog Time)
· As of STEP 7 V5.4, you can have module times displayed in the local time of your programming device (PG)/PC.
Configuring Networks and Connections
· PROFINET IO with IRT Communication (Isochronous Realtime) is supported. This means that short and equal-length bus-cycle times can also be configured for PROFINET IO (see Introduction: Isochronous Realtime Ethernet).
· There is improved handling when inserting copied IO devices into another station. If the IP addresses are already assigned, you can specify the action to be taken upon insertion (retain addresses or assign new ones).
· In a manner similar to that for PROFIBUS DP slaves, you can now set the watchdog time for PROFINET IO devices: as an object property of the IO device in the "IO Cycle" tab.
· When using optical components for PROFIBUS DP: when configuring with an optical ring, you can specify the optical link modules (OLMs) to be used. This makes calculation of bus parameters more exact. In addition, it means that the bus cycle time can be shortened when higher-performance components are being used.
Standard Libraries
· The standard library "Communication Blocks" has been expanded with the blocks FB 67 and FB 68 for open TCP/IP communication.
· The standard library "Communication Blocks" has been expanded with the blocks FB 20, FB 21, FB 22 and FB 23 for cyclic accessing of user data in accordance with the German PROFIBUS User Organization [PROFIBUS Nutzerorganisation e.V. (PNO)].
· In addition to the existing redundance library "Redundant IO (V1)", as of STEP 7 V5.4 there is the new block library "Redundant IO CGP" (channel granular peripheral devices). It supports redundancy for single module channels. You can find further information in the context-sensitive block help or the STEP 7 readme file. A current list of supported modules is available under the FAQs here: http://support.automation.siemens.com/.
Report System Error
· As of STEP 7 V5.4, a data block (DB 125) for PROFIBUS is supported. This data block can be used to output diagnostic events on an HMI device.

STEP 7 Professional Edition 2006

STEP 7 V5.4 has been released for immediate delivery.
An upgrade is available at a charge. Users with a valid Software Update Service agreement for STEP 7 will receive the upgrade for STEP 7 V5.4 automatically.
STEP 7 V5.4 will also be included in the new STEP 7 Professional Edition 2006, with start of delivery planned for end of April 2006. We will inform you accordingly....

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/skm/frameset.asp?url=%2FWW%2Fllisapi%2Edll%2F22445076%3Ffunc%3Dll%26objId%3D22445076%26objaction%3Dcsopen%26siteid%3Dcseus%26aktprim%3D0%26skm%3D1%26lang%3Den&Query=&SearchArea=alle&id=22445076&F11Marker=false&siteid=cseus&query2=%2A&modelled=&lang=en

Hi EKBist

Are you an official representative of Siemens? It would be good to get some real manufacturer representation in the forum for certain issues.

Ken

Ken M said:
Hi EKBist

Are you an official representative of Siemens? It would be good to get some real manufacturer representation in the forum for certain issues.

Ken
Official:
STEP 7 Professional Edition 2006 - the long link
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/skm/frameset.asp?url=%2FWW%2Fllisapi%2Edll%2F22445076%3Ffunc%3Dll%26objId%3D22445076%26objaction%3Dcsopen%26siteid%3Dcseus%26aktprim%3D0%26skm%3D1%26lang%3Den&Query=&SearchArea=alle&id=22445076&F11Marker=false&siteid=cseus&query2=%2A&modelled=&lang=en

and official WinCC Flexible 2005 SP1 is online.

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll/23059737?func=ll&objId=23059737&objAction=csView&lang=de&siteid=cseus&aktprim=0&extranet=standard

Service Pack 1 zu WinCC flexible 2005 Compact /Standard/Advanced sowie Runtime
WinCC flexible 2005 SP1.exe ( 829.802 KB )
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll/csfetch/23059737/WinCCflexible2005_SP1.exe

Service Pack 1 zu WinCC flexible 2005 Runtime
WinCC flexible 2005 SP1_Runtime.exe ( 247.974 KB )
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll/csfetch/23059737/WinCCflexible2005_SP1_Runtime.exe

TimothyMoulder said:
... or... spamming us?
TM
If the good news is spammmmm...
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/skm/frameset.asp?url=%2FWW%2Fllisapi%2Edll%2F22987922%3Ffunc%3Dll%26objId%3D22987922%26objaction%3Dcsopen%26siteid%3Dcseus%26aktprim%3D0%26skm%3D1%26lang%3Den&Query=*&SearchArea=alle&id=22987922&F11Marker=false&siteid=cseus&query2=&modelled=&lang=en
The STEP 7 Professional Edition 2006 has been released for delivery.
This edition of STEP 7 Professional includes the new STEP 7 V5.3 version. <--- OFFICIAL ERROR ?
An upgrade is available at a charge. Clients with a valid Software Update Service agreement for STEP 7 Professional will receive the upgrade for the STEP 7 Professional Edition 2006 automatically.
2. What's new in the STEP 7 Professional Edition 2006? Program Versions

Changes Compared to Edition 2004

STEP 7 V5.4 Upgrade = new version Entry ID: 22445076
S7-SCL V5.3 SP1 unchanged
S7-GRAPH V5.3 SP2 unchanged
S7-PLCSIM V5.3 SP1 unchanged

5. STEP 7 Professional Edition 2004 - Product phaseout
6. STEP 7 Professional Edition 12/2002 - Product discontinuation

Last edited:
I'm none the wiser. EKBist, are you planning on creating a backup Siemens web-site here by copying all the product announcements?

Ken

I think that it is OK to inform when there are new significant software versions available. I think that it has been 2 or 3 years since STEP7 got a whole new version number. So for S7 users this is important news.

Apart from that I think that the new functions in STEP7 are only so-so. Mostly relevant for Profinet users.

On the other hand, I find the new functions in Win CC Flexible quite significant. This despite it is "only" a service pack.
Interestingly they also seem to (finally) admit that Win CC Flex is a memory hog, as the minimum RAM requirement is >=1GB and no longer 512 MB.