Updating S7 Profibus I/O Library Online

SNK

Can anyone give me instructions of how to update the library files on my S7 installation? Specifically, I have some Profibus I/O devices that are not in the list. How can I get a newer list?
Thanks for all of the replies,

Hello kcarlen;

If you are refering to gsd files, each certified Profibus I/O device should come with a floppy or a CD containing its specific file (or you should be able to download it from the manufacturer's website). The file will have an extension gsd, gse, gsg... where the third letter refers to the language used (d stands for default, English).
In Step7's HWConfig editor, under Tools, select "Install new gsd file" and point to the directory where it resides. Then select the new I/O device from the Hardware Catalog.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier