S7 Graph

Benneke

How do you program this graph in S7V5.2?
S7Graph.jpg

The problem is the graph in the middle...
Does anyone knows how to do it?

You're going to have to give us a somewhat more complete flowchart - including some descriptions of the desired actions and trnsition conditions - if you want us to be able to provide useful information.

If the problem is that you need to be able to access the graph in the middle from two different sequences, then it may make sense to break your program down into three (or more) separate S7Graph programs (separate FBs).

Hi Benneke,

I think you will have to re-draw this. There are a number of structures here which I suspect may be illegal according to the IEC61131-3 standard and hence will not be able to be coded in S7-Graph.

The potential number of paths through this seem very complex for an 8 step sequence. Given the amount of parallelism which seem to be intended (whether permitted or not) couldn't the number of steps be reduced by combining them?

Rather than try to advise about coding this I'd prefer to suggest going back to the design stage and thinking about it again.

Ken

I'm trying to solve this problem to learn S7Graph:
S7Graph2.jpg

I was thinking to make de graph like above:
- left cycle = GR
- middle cycle = WT
- right cycle = KR

I know you can split the graph in three cycles, but I was thinking: S7graph is probably made to make it easyer, and if you split them, you have to remake the graph, what make it more difficult.

Thank you for helping. I'm a student and this is an assignment we have to make.

There are 2 switches: "GR" and "KR". At anytime in the cyclus, you can put them on, or off. If you switch from 1 to 0, the cyclus first ends, and then stops.

GR = big reactor, KR = little reactor

If the cycle is started, first the products A, B and C are balanced in "WT". One of the 2 reactors can be used at the same time. If the specific reactor is ful, "WT" can be used by the other reactor.