4-20mA HART with ArmourPoint Analog input

AndrewB

Hi all

I have a Armour Point 4-20mA input module with a HART compatible transmitter on it. I cannot for the life of me get the HART to talk to my HART calibratitor (just doesnt see it)
I have the 150ohm resister between the output of the device (Joined in the cable near the plug into the input module) between the input devices output and the armour point plugs -

Any ideas anyone?????

" Hart " calibrators usually required 250ohms load. make sure you are connected across both 150ohm resistor and the input module. Which still might not be enough, I believe these modules have fairly low input resistance.

150 would be a typo

i meant 250 ohm :D

Im thinking its something to do with the armour point module, so I'm to try it using a I/P as the load instead

all seems to be good when not using the armour point as the input device....

must be something going on with that....