DDE/OPC question

Altair

A
I'm reading a block of 56 words into an excel spreadsheet. Currently they are all stacked, but I would like to add a blank cell between every 8th word. 1-8 blank, 9-16 blank, 17-24 blank, etc...
Do I need to create seperate links for each grouping, or can I modify in excel the data that I'm receiving (by adding blocks).
Also.... can automated routines be embedded in excel so that when certain conditions occur at the processor, the excel program can write to it (ie. If C5:12/ACC = 168 mov 0 #N45:1 len 56) or something like that.

Thanks,
Russ

I'm not expert, but if you can call from 1'st cell variables N45:1 len 8 and next call from 10'th cell N45:9 len 8 etc.
Houply I didn't wrote anything stupid.

That's one way of doing it, but I was hoping to be able to physically manipulate the data that comes in.
Setting it up in groups of 8 would work fine, but I'd like to be able to move it around.
Eventually I'd like to take the points and shift them to other pages (without requiring seperate links)..
But I don't know how to do that...or if it's possible.

Thanks,
Russ

I don't know are there any tag-mapping systems in RS-Linx for OPC/DDE where is possible to do blocks as N45:1 len(8) next block N45:9 len(8) etc. and then call them from diffrent sheets of Excel ?
Shetland is middle of Atlantic North from Skotland ?

Piece of cake. Do a single call of 56 words to your spreadsheet, and direct the data to some hidden cells. Then, copy the data within Excel 8 words at a time to your desired R1C1 locations.

Have fun!

THANK YOU!!!!! WhoooHooo!!!!

Here's to the countless hours of playing I have ahead!!! Yeah!!

Thanks!
Russ
(yes I really really do like this ****! It's fun)