Dde/opc

DannyD303

Hello all,

I set up a DDE/OPC connection to read data into an excel sheet about a month ago. It was working fine until yesterday when I noticed the data hasn't changed for 24 hrs. I restarted RSLinx and excel but it goes right back to the data that was there the day before (it gets reset in PLC every 8 hrs). I deleted the topic in RSLinx and set it up again but it still goes right back to the data that was there a day ago.

Has anyone dealt with this problem before? I'm confused as to why its going right back to the old data every time.

Thank you for any help.

a) There's an OPC Test Tool in the RSLinx folder. Use it to verify that the topic in RSLinx is working.

b) Create another excel file and try to read any tag via DDE. (Don't copy the original excel file)