DeviceNet Querries

Hello all !
I am back here again with some querries on DeviceNet.
I want to develope network with 1747-SDN module:
1)In PLC Rack slot-0 is 1747-sdn then on field panel if I want to use 1746-IB16/1746-OB16/1746-NI4 then what should be its adapter.Is it like I should use 1747-sdn as SLAVE. If yes, in RSNetworks for SDN Slave,at module configuration option no module is displayed then how to configure these i/o modules??

As an alternative I used flex modules like 1794-ADN, 1794-IB16 and so others. Am I correct ?

2)Devicenet supports 0 - 64 nodes. Each device is said as one NODE. Devicenet requires 0-31 words memory for INPUT and OUTPUT.If i am using i/o modules say 1746-IB16 then is it that each channel occupies one bit and entires this module consumes one word out of 32 words.For1746-NI4- four channels require 4 words.

If such combination I am using, in this manner I can connect only
1747-IB16= 1 word
1747-IB32= 2 words
1747-NI4 = 4 words
1747-NI16= 16 word

In this way consuming 32 words I suppose I will not be able to connect further modules/devices on this single 1747-SDN module.

Then how to use 64 nodes after finishing 32 words of memory.
Is it like if 1 word is consumed then it declares 1 Node connection.And Single analog channel as 1 Node ?

3)NOw what to do with M0 and M1 files. They are 256 words each. M0 = o/p status bits and M1= i/p status bits. What to do with them? If I keep them as default, does it affect for something?

4) what about 'G' file length ?

Can any one please guide me ?

Million thanks in advance !

Can any one reply please?

Hello Friends,

Is there any one that can help me.

Thanks for all replies if any in advance.

Regards,

Pramod

HI,

If you have a "RSNetworks for DeviceNet" CDRom have a look at the powerpoint file tutorial on the disc.
You can get a lot more that 32 words by using (mapping) to a devices data to the SLC's M0 & M1 files.
I would recommend the 1794-ADN module with the 1794 I/O cards.
Think of the M0/M1 files as buffers for the SDN module. Leave them at 256. G File = 0. Now you have over 500 words you can use (MAP).
Use a COP instruction to put the N words(SLC Outputs, 128 Max per instruction) into a MO file.
Then Use another COP instruction to put the M1 words from the SDN into another N file (these are SLC inputs).
Use the RSNetworks for DeviceNet software to "Map" the MO & M1 files to each device as needed.
Like This Picture below
COP_SDN.jpg

There is a mistake in the picture, it should say must not be greater than 128. I have never configured a 1794-ADN before, so you will have to read the user manual on that one.
Good Luck BD

The RSNetworx tutorial is a good one for beginners to explain I/O mapping. The 1747-SDN Installation Instructions document is my most important reference to that module.

The 1747-SDN module in Slave Mode can only be used in a chassis with a controller. It does not have an "adapter" mode to run a 1746 chassis by itself like the 1747-ASB does.

For remote I/O on DeviceNet, I recommend 1794 FLEX or 1734 POINT I/O for most mixed-use applications. 1791D CompactBlock is very useful for high-density low-power applications. A-B and others sell a number of discrete and analog I/O systems that connect to DeviceNet.