the right PLC

cryoman

I have been looking for a PLC that will perform several basic operations listed below. There is no shortage of units that have a lot more digital outputs and inputs, on them then I really need.

Specs:
2 analog inputs 4-20ma
2 analog output 4-20ma
8 digital inputs (120 vac)
8 digital outputs (120 vac)

Explanation:
I have a cryogenic processor that takes metal down to -300 F at about 1 degree every 2 minutes and back up to +300 at the same rate. Right now I am using a Watlow controller (installed at the factory) and it has very limited controls. The unit over ramps and short cycles between heat and cold which waste Liquid Nitrogen and is very costly.

I do have access to a Modicon compact 984 but the cards are very expensive and the software program is expensive.

dave

Easy!.... Stop over at Automation Direct and check out the new DL06 PLC. If you could get by with only 6 AC outputs, the DL05 (8in/6out) would be a lot less expensive, but the DL06 is still pretty cheap... And the DL06 is much more expandable than the DL05 anyway

DO-06AA 20in/16out - $259.00
F04AD2DA-1 4in/2out Analog 4-20ma module - $185.00
PC-PGM-BRICK Programming Software - $149.00
D2-DSCBL Programming Cable - $29.00

Just over $600.00 for EVERYTHING! It would be under $500 if you could use the DL05

Hmmm... Can you tell I'm a big fan of A-D stuff?? Sorry, but I just got the new catalog and haven't finished drooling over it yet... :D

-Eric

diego escobar, The same info that Eric listed way back when we all were younger still holds true, plus they have lots of neat new goodies, too.

You really dug up an oldie but to-the-point goodie!!!

David