String display on a PanelView...

stobenhaf

This is my first project like this, so I'm learning on the go. I've got 12 strings in my SLC and I'd like to display their contents on the panelview. These strings are getting their contents from a server that will send troubleshooting instructions according to my machine status tag to the panelview for our operators and maintenance techs.

We're using RSView32 as the server and I can send strings to the SLC, but I can't get them to display on the PanelView.

I've gotten ASCII strings to display, but I don't see an easy way to get RSView to write a string into the ascii files.

help...

I need to get something working soon.

Realized what I needed to do finally...

I forgot the first character in the ST file is the length, so instead of addressing: ST74:0 I should have been addressing: ST74:0.1

Got it all working now.

Thanks!