Modicon/Gould Micro 84

Martin IRL

Hi,
I need some help in find information on two plc that are in a machine
which I need to modify, the plcs are
Modicon micro 84, M84A-002 and Gould micro 84, M84-002.
Both are mounted in the same panel but run Independent programs (I think)
I would like any help in finding programming software, programming lead, supplyer any other info is also welcome.

Thanks
Martin

That PLC was programmed using the P370 programmer or with a Micro 84 program tape running on a P190 programming panel. I'm not aware of any DOS or Windows software to do it.

The P370 programmer plugs into the Micro 84 CPU base. The P190 requires a J375 Modbus adapter to be attached to the PLC.

If you don't have any of the hardware I mentioned, you might try contacting a Modicon distributor who has carried the product line since the 1980s, and see if they still have anyone on their staff with knowledge of that product line.

Last edited:
New Plc required

Thanks Steve,
I might be as well to replace the two units the only total I/O of 32
but it would be nice to keep them going.
I will search for the P370 device first.

Martin... :)

Martin,

You have two identical PLCs, only the manufacturer's name changed over the years.

First it was Modicon
Then Gould
Then AEG Modicon
Then Groupe Schneider, brand name Modicon
Now it is Schneider Electric, brand name Modicon.

There were two programming devices, the P370 hand-held program panel, and the P190 CRT programmer with a J375 adaptor. Neither of these devices are available as new, however you may find some used units from resellers. To my lnowledge know one ever created computer based programming software.