language convertor in fanuc o-m

I don't have a 0M in front of me but try this:

Go to MDI mode
press SETTINGS soft switch on the monitor
scrolling down you should see language selections

Try posting at www/practicalmachinist.com

Sorry I wasn't of more help,

Rod

I don't know if the zero uses the same parameter numbering scheme, but I have a manual for a Fanuc PowerMate H, and for it, the value in parameter 3102 determines the display language.

0 = English
1 = Japanese
2 = German
4 = French
16 = Italian
32 = Spanish

The display may show bits rather than a numeric value. It might also show abbreviations for the language associated with each bit. The manual gives:

Bit 0 - JPN
Bit 1 - OGRM
Bit 2 - OFRN
Bit 4 - OITA
Bit 6 - OSPN

You could look at the parameter values, and if you find the the current value for 3102 is 2 (Bit 1 set), try changing it to zero and see what happens.

According to the manual you need to cycle power following a change in the value. Of course, you will need to set the PWE bit before you can make the change.

Hope this helps