Conversion from PLC-3 to ControlLogix

khurley1001

I am converting from a PLC-3 to ControlLogix and our existing program uses Status bits (S0:2/13) to alarm a Rack Fault (RIO). I need to replicate this in the ControlLogix (using 1756-DHRIO to 1771 IO). Information on the AB website is as follows:
"There are no bits in a ControlLogix system that are the same as the fault bits in a PLC-5."

Does anyone have a good solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin:

Check out the RackStatus words created for each ASB module. There's lot's of rack status info there.

Jim

Jim,

The AB technote says:
"The RackStatus member of the input tag is a diagnostic tag for the whole adapter - 0 if the data is good, non-zero if the data is bad."

Currently I am using R23:I.RackStatus NEQ 0, but I was not sure if there were any scenarios where this would not provide an alarm.

K