Ethernet Control Module Configuring

AGENTTINFOIL

Need some help configuring an Ethernet control module(1756-ENET)on a ControlLogix 5550. I have con through several steps in RSLinx Classic and can not communicate through the module. I can communicate through the serial port but I need to be able to communicate through the Enet Module. I think I need to configure an IP address for the module but I am not sure how to do that.

The module must have an IP address to communicate with it through RSLinx. You can use the "BootP" application to set the IP address of the module. Run the application on your computer and reset the power on the Ethernet Module. You should see it report its MAC ID to BootP. Then associate the MAC ID to the IP address you want the module to have.

There will also be a printed tag on the Ethernet Module with the MAC ID. You will have to remove the module to see it though.

Hope that helps.

rta53 said:
You can also connect through the serial port and configue the IP address manually.

I was not aware of that. I got some info from the RockWell web site and unless I am reading it wrong I thought you cannot configure the module through the serial port. But if you can how can I do that?